Ross Castle is situated 9 miles from Galway City at the entrance to Connemara on the shores of Ross Lake. The castle was originally constructed by the O'Flaherties in 1590 and was later built upon by the Martin family, one of the 14 tribes of Galway city.
The estate's 120 acres consists of a beatifully appointed 17th century manor house built on the former castle's foundation, walled gardens, an orchard, inner and outer courtyard and a chapel.
The estate's amenities include a tennis court, heated indoor swimming pool, row boat & canoe, billiards, and numerous walking trails. Self-catering apartments & cottages accommodate parties of 4 to 40. All utilities included.
Pure elegance with magnificent views would best describe this five bedroom stately home. The dining room seats 30 guests comfortably and boasts an impressive stone fireplace with historic pedigree. Relax and enjoy a fire in the mahogony paneled library or tea and scones in the elegant drawing room. This is the perfect setting to entertain and impress.
The Main House is an exclusive rental and accommodates up to 10 guests.
During your stay breakfast, tea, dinner (6 nights for a weeks stay), housekeeping, cleaning, utilities (heat/water) and all personal laundry.
All the bedrooms have fireplaces, adjoining bathrooms with heated towel racks and modern amenities.
The cottages and apartments on the estate are self-catering complete with kitchens (refrigerator, dishwasher, appliances/utensils,) and washer/dryers. Utilities (heat/water) are included and the shower pressure in all apartments and cottages meets or exceed U.S Standards.
Please contact us to request availability, menu options and rates.
Ross Castle caters weddings, aniversaries, and all special occasions.
|Address: Clifden Road, Co. Galway, Ireland|
|Latitude/Longitude: 53.38712 / -9.246229999999969|
From Dublin (Aprox 2.5hrs):
Take N4, which turns into N6, to Galway.
Follow the signs for Clifden, N59. You will pass through the village of Moycullen (approx. 6 miles from Galway) and from the traffic light in that village it is 4.4 miles to the old stone pillars on the right (note; smaller picture of pillars above & sign on N59). The pillars are located 1000 ft before Kineevey's Pub (red/brownish building in the far distance of sign pic). At the Pillars take a right turn and drive to the end of the road.
Take N18 North to Galway.