LUXURY HILLTOP RETREAT IN UNTOUCHED ITALY
A PRIVATE 1500 ACRE (590 HECTARES) ESTATE. ONE LUXURY MEDIEVAL CASTLE & ONE WATCH TOWER.
TAILOR MADE EXPERIENCES. MORE THAN A STAY, AN EXPERIENCE TO LIVE.
WELCOME TO YOUR ITALIAN HOME AWAY FROM HOME FOR UP TO 30 GUESTS!
Le Torri di Bagnara Castles is an unrivalled, luxurious Italian castle-villa professionally managed, overlooking the stunning Upper Tiber Valley, near Assisi- midway from Florence and Roma. This hilltop retreat located in the cente of a huge private green oasis, offers total privacy, history, nature, luxury and 5*services with a thoroughly authentic and customized experience in the heart of Umbria.
Umbria is one of Italy’s most uspoilt and picturesque regions, also called “Italy’s green heart”. This enchanting area is nestled between Tuscany and the dramatic Sibillini mountains and is dotted by dozens of charming medieval towns and one of Italy’s largest lakes, the Trasimeno. You can reach Tuscany in 30 minute drive and the Adriatic coast in 90 min drive.
Umbria offers all the natural beauty and rich cultural heritage of Tuscany, but without the crowds, and ticks all the boxes for those seeking an authentic, sustainable Italian escape.
Located on a secluded hilltop, you and your family and friends can relax and reset on our 1500 acre (590 hectares) historic Bagnara Estate whilst enjoying views of rolling hills, olive groves, sunflower fields and medieval hamlets.
The property includes two villas – the Castello di Pieve San Quirico, 11th-13th century historic castle built by emperor Frederick the II of Swabia (7 bedrooms main house) and the nearby high Tower, 11th century historic residence (4 apartment-suites Guest house). You can book only the castle that sleeps 15. If you need more space, you can book one or more apartment-suites of the nearby Tower in addition to the castle, for up to 30 guests in total.
The Bagnara Estate is a 1500-acre (590 hectare), very private historic estate and nature reserve, with a working farm – a huge green heaven at our Guests full disposal that provides superb opportunities for walking and biking, mushrooms and truffle hunting, wildlife watching and photography, doing meditation and yoga, and much more.
Despite 90% of the Italian villas to rent that are merely private houses, Le Torri di Bagnara Castles feature a Tourist Accommodation license (luxury Agriturismo) since 2005, so we offer the privacy and freedom of a private house together with top-quality service, unparalleled access to one of central Italy most beautiful places and a superior degree of safety and security standards that have to be complied with by law. Cleaning protocolts and housekeeping services are performed pursuant to Italian Government and Health Office guidelines on Covid-19.
Since 1901, the whole estate belongs to Counts Giunta Tremi, a real noble family descended from emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, who are proud to welcome their guests and give them a five-star aristocratic hospitality with their amazing staff.
The Pieve San Quirico historic castle features a inner courtyard with an octagonal tower, surrounding walls, a 5.000 mq manicured gardens with a large saltwater pool with stunning views. It has been restored according to the highest standard of renovation and design to create a luxury villa with 7 bedrooms (15 beds) and 9 bathrooms, with breathtaking views around it and in total privacy.
The beautiful interior decorations and furniture is matched with modern equipment and cutting-edge technology from wireless Internet connection (high speed), to whirlpool bathtubs, air conditioning, ice maker, professional Nespresso coffee machine, Netflix channels and billiards. All bedrooms feature AC, telephone, safe box, mini fridge, hair drier, ensuite bathroom with bathtub + rain shower, fine fabrics and luxurious drapes. Each bedroom suite and bathroom having their own decorative theme. There is a chef-worthy professional kitchen with everything you need.
Outside you find a medieval large courtyard (255 sqm) surrounded by lemon trees perfect for candlelight dinner and many sitting areas. The 5,000 sq.m manicured gardens which surround
the castle were created by the famous Tuscan landscape designer Alberto Margheriti. They are embroidered with flowers (roses, santoline, perovskia, and thyme), pomegranate and cherry trees, with cratecus, laurel, rosemary and lavender bushes, oak and olive trees, that are continuously in flower. Numerous seating areas offer fabulous views over the hills and the Tiber valley.
Other features are the large panoramic infinity saltwater pool (120 sqm) with fantastic hillside views, the botanic gardens with aromatic plants and a vegetable garden with fresh vegetables to pick up and enjoy. The pool broad wooden loggia, surrounded by jasmines and roses, features dining tables and chairs, frigo, elegant sofas in wicker and lighting and is the ideal place for a lazy lunch or romantic evening dining. There are 15 elegant sunbeds in wicker with fluffy cushions, 15 loungers, 15 pool umbrellas, shower, telephone; the whole garden around the pool features beautiful lighting.
Finally, table tennis, bocce ball court, billiards, mountain bikes and children playground will keep you entertained. There is even a beautiful church perfect for tying the knot should the fancy take you! The castle is licensed for on-site civil weddings.
A professionally trained, empathetic, caring and discreet staff will take care of you in a unobtrusive way.
In the rental rates are included the following amenities:
•Welcome basket and Prosecco on arrival
• Concierge service before and during your stay
• Complimentary still and sparkling water, ice, tea and coffee, and condiments on arrival
• Maid service from Monday to Saturday (in the morning), including tidying of bedrooms, bathrooms and quick cleaning of the kitchen
• Complimentary Professional Support Service – available from the moment you book until you return home – to design your tailor-made program of activities and excursions, plan easy access to concerts & events, golf, wineries and much more
• Pool maintenance from Monday to Saturday, including cleaning of the pool and testing of water
• Property & facilities Manager on call 24/7
• Change of bed linen on Saturdays
• Change of bath and pool towels on Saturdays and midweek
• Final cleaning on Saturdays
• Selection of “Floris” luxury toiletries in each bathroom, changed weekly
• Non-woven fabric napkins, regularly refilled
• Toilet-paper, regularly refilled
• Washing and washing-up products (laundry and kitchen), on arrival
• Air conditioning in all bedrooms and in the Castle panoramic veranda
• Utility bills (excluding telephone and heating)
• Unlimited use of WIFI internet access (high speed) available in both villas and outdoors
• Highchairs and cribs
• Use of the fully equipped laundry room at the Pieve S. Quirico castle
• Use of the Mountain Bikes available at house – for adults and children, with helmets
• Exclusive use of the panoramic saltwater pool (14 m x 7,5 m)
• Exclusive use of Table Tennis, BBQ areas, Billiards, Bocce Ball court, Table Football, Children’s playground, parking areas
• Access to the 1.500-acre (590 hectare) Bagnara Estate walking and biking trails, picnic areas, woods for berry-picking.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (professional chef), grocery pre-stocking & daily shopping service, cooking classes, SPA treatments, yoga lessons, truffle hunting, personal shopper, Hot-air Balloon ride, any kind of transportation and many other additional activities are available on request (to be pre-booked).
The nearest village is a 5-minute drive away, where you’ll find restaurants, local shops, Tennis court and Horse riding, while a challenging 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. is just 10 minutes away. Perched between Florence and Rome, Le Torri di Bagnara Castles are the ideal base for exploring central Italy.
Whatever your passion, whatever the season, we’ll help you discover the real Italy and you will fell like a local in one of the last untouched regions of italy.